Over this month, the Pupil Learning Council have been considering what makes a good Creative lesson. They brought all their ideas together and will adapt our ‘What Make a Good Lesson?’ plan to ensure Creativity and their ideas are included.
The children then prepared a presentation to give at the Parent open morning on 29th November to share what we have been doing and show some of the work created.
Update on previous actions:
– Creativity survey has gone out to all P4-7 classes.
– Posters were completed and presented at assembly last week. The Committee felt positives from these included; doing a lot of research, teamwork, all thought how best to show creativity, it was enjoyable and everyone took part. We then voted for where the posters should be displayed with 1 outside each classroom being decided upon.
– Homework – this was due to change after the October break
– Behaviour – we discussed this at length. It was felt that behaviour had got worse and that a reminder of rules was required. Swearing had been an issue in recent weeks and we discussed how this could be tackled.
– We traffic lighted against our Creativity poster with majority of our Term 1 ideas being completed.
– Agreed to hold a logo competition the first week back.
– All agreed that Behaviour should be an on-going discussion for this committee.
– P4/5 to remind teacher about Creativity survey
– Mrs Laird to go over school rules again at assembly including, swearing.
– PSAs to have a way of recording and reporting playground behaviour.
– ‘Warm Fuzzy’ to be introduced at assembly and a display added (linked with Wellbeing Committee.)
– Logo competition for whole school the first week back.
Over this week, the classes have been presenting their posters at assembly. P1-3 looked at ‘What is Creativity?’, P4-6 looked at ‘How do we show Creativity?’ and P7 looked at ‘Why is Creativity important?’ Each of the stages made a poster and shared it with the whole school during assembly times.
Today the Learning Council discussed how they felt assembly had gone. We all felt it had gone well and that everybody had listened. We were please with the outcome.
We then worked together to look at the Creativity skills and design a survey questionnaire to gather children’s views on where they lay with their own skills. We agreed that we put the questionnaire to the P4-7 children and use Google Forms to make it. Mrs Laird will help.
We talked about behaviour and Mrs Laird explained some of the training staff had had. We had a long discussion about awards and how best to celebrate achievements.
Finally, we talked a little about homework and the idea of moving this to trial Family Learning. Some of the children felt this was a good idea and some didn’t but, Mrs Laird agreed it would be reviewed at the end of the year.
We presented at assembly this week and all did very well. All classes have now been given something to work on related to Creativity.
Today we discussed how the Learning Council works and voted for the roles of Chairperson and Secretary.
We planned the assembly that we will present next week for all the classes on ‘What is Creativity?’ We first discussed what Creativity meant to us. We then had good fun practicing what we are going to say and deciding the tasks we would set for each class.
Our Pupil Council members this year are:
P7 Christa, Thomas, Rory, Alicia, Sam
P5-6 Cody, Dylan, Ossian
P4-5 Maisie, Andrew B, Liam, Owen
P2-3 Daniel B
P1-2 Jack, Hollie, Daniel