Actions from previous meeting:
Nets are now in the goals.
Worry boxes in most classes – some to follow up.
Progress with aims:
- Outdoor learning – all classes are outside regularly. P6/7 to encourage more of this.
- Behaviour and bullying – all classes using Good to be Green and this is working well
What’s going well?
- Good behaviour in infants, children are enjoying their building time
- Lego activities
- Less talking in classes
- Less bullying behaviour
- Indoor shoes now being worn by most senior children
- Better behaviour at football – less aggressive and younger children can join in.
Issues to discuss
- Children replying ‘I know that’ all the time is upsetting others – class reps to talk to their teacher and Mrs Laird to encourage a verbal warning and Good to be Green system used to stop this.
- Water bottles – children would like these on their desk – Mrs Laird to speak with teachers
- Lines – these were discussed as the children are taking a long time to come in from lines. Mrs Laird suggested having no lines and the children just came straight in. There was a mixed reaction to this.
- Twitter wall – P4/5 and P5/6 to take responsibility for encouraging children to fill this in.
- At our next meeting – need to discuss Christmas Enterprise and Twitter wall.
Last year’s achievements:
- Helped plan trim trail
- P7 garden established
- Twitter wall to increase pupil voice
- Helped behaviour – noise levels, quiet class card, sorted Good to be Green, Golden Time activities led.
- Toilets – sorted behaviour in these
The main committee was voted as:
- Chairperson – Grace
- Vice Chairperson – Sam
- Secretary – Jennah
- ICT/Blog – Eilidh and Calum
- Improve outdoor learning
- Support good behaviour and decrease bullying
- Enhance learning
Our Pupil Council members this year are:
P6/7 Grace, Sam, Eilidh, Jennah, Calum
P5/6 Ambar and Rory
P4/5 Alfie and Alba
P2/3 Isla and James
P1/2 Rocco and Charlie