Glenurquhart Primary School and Gaelic Medium School Aims
In both English and Gaelic medium our school will …
- Create a happy, stable and purposeful environment with equality of opportunity for all.
- Work in partnership with parents and other agencies to support pupils’ learning with positive attitudes towards self, others and their environment.
- Raise standards of attainment by providing pupils with a broad general curriculum consistent with their learning needs and achievements.
- Create an ethos of achievement where expectations of pupils are high.
- Provide an appropriate pre school curriculum in Gaelic medium and encourage our nursery pupils to have active and fun learning experiences.
- Implement a curriculum which provides challenge and enjoyment, breadth, progression, depth, personalisation and choice, coherence and relevance within the Curriculum for Excellence in English and Gaelic.
- Provide opportunities for challenge and success so that pupils can develop views and act responsibly.
- Through the Health Promotion initiative, encourage our pupils to take greater responsibility for their lifestyle choices and adopt an active and healthy lifestyle.