Rights Respecting Schools Meeting: Wednesday 16th January 2019
• Miss Mullin presented the first RRSA assembly to the whole school this afternoon. It was agreed that all RRSA members will take on different roles to prepare for the next one (on Wednesday 6th February.)
• Isla was welcomed to the RRSA group.
• Assembly jobs were agreed as follows:
o Martha, Thomas, Andrew & Maisie will present the assembly “Everyone’s a Hero” (UNICEF 1.) They agreed to divide up the script.
o Aibhne & Owen typed out Article 19 for the right of the fortnight display.
o Poppy, Poppy & Isla transferred the “We’ve all got rights” song from Youtube to a song sheet. If you want to listen to the song, click the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN_70HXxd5Y&index=8&list=LLVPEqzapW_bxK4aP8rwjgHg&t=7s
o Sam, Conon & Bhavya made master copies of the voting cards that we will need for the next assembly.
o Duncan, Harry, Grayson, Orla & Ava prepared & counted the colour paper for the voting cards.
Next meeting: 30th January 2019.
Rights Respecting Schools Meeting: Wednesday 10th October 2018
• Miss Mullin has officially registered our school for the Rights Respecting School Award (RRSA.)
• UNICEF RRSA year planner shared with P7s. P7s to identify potential themes/dates for assemblies.
• Thanks to the PSAs for photocopying our surveys.
• Return date of Friday 2nd November agreed for all surveys.
• P7s distributed pupil and staff surveys.
• Noticeboard in hall selected – PSAs asked to remove existing display.
• Featured image agreed for RRSA blog.
• P7s typed up minutes for RRSA blog.
• P1-P6 pupils started to create paperchains for RRSA display board.
Next meeting: date to be confirmed, November 2018
Rights Respecting Schools meeting: Wednesday 19th September 2018
• Miss Mullin welcomed the 16 pupil representatives from across the school.
• P7s appointed as executive committee. Poppy is chair person. Martha and Ambar will share the role of secretary/public relations officer. Congratulations to all three!
• Gaelic P3-7, P3/4, P4/5 and P6/7D selected for Pupil Surveys.
• Majority voted for a RRSA noticeboard to be created.
• RRSA group to present an assembly to the whole school – P7s to sort out a date with Mrs Laird.
• Group photo taken for noticeboard.
Next meeting: Wednesday 10th October 2018.